SBI PO exam pattern 2019 will be released by State Bank of India. The exam pattern of SBI PO is helpful for the aspirants as it gives an overall idea about the topics, section-wise weightage, marking scheme, mode of exam, total time allotted and number of questions asked in the exam.
As per the SBI PO 2019 exam pattern, the SBI PO exam will be conducted in three stages – Preliminary, Mains and GD/Interview. Both the Preliminary and Mains exams are conducted in online mode. Check out here full details and latest changes introduced in SBI PO exam pattern 2019.
Latest changes introduced in SBI PO Exam Pattern
State Bank of India introduced some important changes in SBI PO exam pattern in 2018.
- From this year onwards, sectional timing was introduced. So, from now on each section will have separate timing and candidates will have to finish each section as per the allotted time.
- Next change in the SBI PO exam pattern is there will be no sectional cut-off. So, candidates can score the overall cutoff marks decided by State Bank of India in order to crack the exam.
- Another major change in SBI PO exam pattern is that 10x candidates will be selected for mains examination as per the vacancies.
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2019 – Preliminary
- SBI PO 2019 prelims exam will be conducted in online mode.
- SBI PO prelims exam 2019 will have multiple choice type questions.
- SBI PO 2019 prelims exam will have three sections carrying 100 questions for 100 marks.
- There is sectional timing in the SBI PO prelims exam.
- 1 mark will be allocated for each correct answer
- There is negative marking of 1/4th marks for each wrong answer.
Candidates should note that SBI PO 2019 pre-exam will have sectional time duration. Each section is allotted 20 minutes and candidates will have to finish each section within that allotted time. They can check the overall SBI PO prelims exam pattern 2019 in the below table.
Number of questions
|35||20 minutes|| |
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2019 – Mains
The SBI PO Exam Pattern 2019 mains will have four sections carrying 155 questions of 200 marks. Candidates can check the detailed exam pattern of SBI PO Mains 2019 here.
- SBI PO 2019 mains exam is objective as well as descriptive and it will be conducted in online mode.
- The State Bank of IndiaI Probationary Officer 2019 question paper will have objective (MCQ) and descriptive questions.
- As per the SBI PO exam pattern 2019, all the four sections will have sectional duration and candidates need to complete the objective exam in that time.
- There is negative marking of one-fourth of the marks for every wrong answer.
- There will be no negative marking for the blank or unattended questions.
Exam Pattern of SBI PO 2019 – Mains Objective
|No. of question||Duration||Total Marks|
Data analysis and interpretation
Reasoning & Computer aptitude
Exam Pattern of SBI PO 2019 – Mains Descriptive
The SBI PO 2019 descriptive test will consist of one essay and letter writing. It will be of 50 marks. The time allotted for the descriptive test is 30 minutes. Check out highlights of SBI PO exam pattern 2019 Mains Descriptive in the below table-
Total number of sections
Duration of the exam
|Number of questions|
2 (Letter and Essay)
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2019 – Group Exercise & Personal Interview
The last stage in SBI PO exam is Group Exercise and Personal Interview. Those candidates who qualify the SBI PO mains exam will have to appear for group exercise and interview rounds. Check out the SBI PO Group Exercise and Personal Interview exam pattern here-
- The group exercise round is of 20 marks while the interview round will be conducted for 30 marks.
- The topics in GE and PI will be from current affairs.
- The final selection will be done on the basis of marks obtained in mains exam and group exercise & interview rounds.
- Candidates should note that the marks scored in prelims exam will not be added for final merit list preparation.